Sunday 4 May 2014

Snow In Norfolk 2013

It seems a little odd to be thinking about snow just as the world is waking up to the first stirrings of summer. Perhaps it is because we didn't get a 'proper' winter here last year and we didn't see snow at all. Not even a flake and I feel cheated. I want my money back!

We had a very beautiful winter the year before. Late it's true but it snowed for a fair while and it stayed around. I took the camera out at various times of the day in our town and I came up with these...



I did play around with the shot above and it looks nice with the texture overlay. This is a very ordinary lane made magical with a blanket of white.





The shadows are starting to lengthen now and if I don't move quicker, I will run out of time. In the mean time, nature has some effects for me yet...




It is ice cold! The trees look warm in the late afternoon but trust me, that was ALL illusion!







This was the sun's last hurrah and asking any more would have been futile. Peaceful Norfolk, not a hint of wind and clear, clear air. This is one of the loveliest and most underrated places in the UK. 

Words and pictures (C) Debbie von Grabler-Crozier 2013-14

No comments:

Post a Comment